It is always recommended the user has the most up-to-date version of Java. It can solve many issues that cannot be solved by clearing the java cache.
Instructions - Please open your web browser before proceeding. (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
1. Once your web browser is operation, please put java.com in the address bar (As shown in the picture below).
2. Once the front page of java has loaded, please proceed to click on the "Free Java download" button (indicated by the arrow below).
3. You will be lead to another page. Click "Agree and Start Free Download" (Indicated by the arrow below).
4. Click on Downloads in your dock (indicated by the arrow below).
5. Click on the Java .dmg file. It will be named something similar to the file in the picture below.
6. The .dmg file will take a moment to open.
7. When the Installer opens, click on Continue (Indicated by the arrow below).
8. Click on the Install button (Indicated by the arrow below).
9. Enter the Name and Password for your Mac and click the Install Software button.
10. When the installation is complete, click the Close button (Indicated by the arrow below).